Having a swimming pool is a great thing, especially for leisure reasons. But this can sometimes be stressful and annoying for its maintenance, especially when the pool is inactive for some time, which makes it unpleasant.
So you worry about the conditions of your swimming pool and ways of knowing whether your pool is hygienic enough for swimming. But you don’t need to worry, because there are various ways of achieving this like using drop pool testing kits and pool test strips.
Although both methods are effective, the pool test strip method is way faster and easier than the drop pool testing because it’s easy “dip and read” strips of papers that change color to indicate the levels of alkalinity, chlorine, pH and stabilizer. These are the essentials to test for. There are also special test strips that test for salt levels, bacteria, metals, phosphate, and so on, depending on which you want to check for.
The test strips are based on technology from the medical industry. They are used for tests such as urine and pregnancy, which makes it accurate and reliable since medical instruments are authentic. There are many pool test strips on the market today, here are some of the best ones you can find at exceptional values for your money.
1. Poolmaster 22211 Smart Test 4-Way Swimming Test Strips.
- Poolmaster Smart Test lets you maintain a safe pool or spa
- Color-coded strips are easy to read
- Strips test for free chlorine, bromine, alkalinity and pH
Ideal for both pools and spas, the Poolmaster 22211 Smart boasts of all the requirements a test strip should have. The Poolmaster 22211 Smart test strips are made up of durable materials, which makes it resistant to damage and therefore makes it last long for usage.
Also capable of highly accurate readings due to its lack of bleed pads on the strips, the Poolmaster 22211 Smart is guaranteed to keep your facility sparkling as you will be able to determine the water chemistry in your pool quickly.
It also analyzes four chemical factors i.e., free chlorine and bromine level, alkalinity level, and pH level. These are the primary test strips that are among the best choices in the market today. Coming with 50 pieces each for each package, the Poolmaster 22211 Smart also has an easy-to-read color on its easy-to-store container for easy readings.
2. AquaChek 551236 7-Way 100 Count Pool Water Test Strips
- 7-IN-1 TEST STRIPS: Tests the most critical parameters: pH, Total Chlorine, Free Chlorine, Bromine, Alkalinity, Total Hardness, & Cyanuric Acid
- AQUACHEK ACCURACY: Using medical industry technology, our test strips offer comparable accuracy to liquid tests; No measuring & counting drops of reagent, leaving less room for error
- EASY TO USE: No more messy drops; Just dip the silver strip, remove it, wait 15 seconds, & compare with the color chart on the bottle; Test water at least twice a week for safe & balanced water
- SAFE & CLEAN WATER: Each color pad is designed with unique paper to optimize color vibrancy & mitigate color-bleeding to help maintain healthy water chemistry
- TRUSTED QUALITY: With over 35 years in the business, our products will help professionals maintain healthy pool and spa water chemistry
Having a 7-way strip, the AquaChek 551236 can test for free chlorine and bromine level, total chlorine level, alkalinity level, pH level, total hardness level, and Cyanuric acid level. Also featuring a dip-and-wait for 15 seconds, the AquaChek 551236 is one of the fastest pool water test strips when getting results.
It consists of a color chart comparator that appears on the side of the bottle, and it helps in interpreting results. It also contains up to 100 counts, which last for a long time.
3. AquaChek Yellow Test Strips Free Chlorine, 50 Strips, 1-Pack
With its quality and reliable products in the market, the AquaChek is one of the top providers of test strips for pools. Looking at the AquaChek Yellow Test Strips, it features a quick and easy water testing function. This makes it one of the easiest to use pool strips and would not make a mess. Another feature to look at is its ability to provide accurate results, which are very dependable for testing.
The AquaChek Yellow Test Strips also boast of delivering results within 30 seconds of application. The AquaChek Yellow Test strips can test for a stabilizer, total alkalinity, pH, and free chlorine. And just like most strips on the market today, you get 50 pieces that will last long.
4. Poolmaster 22212 Smart Test 6-Way Swimming Pool and Spa Water Chemistry Test Strips, 50 ct.
- BEWARE: We want you to receive quality, authentic product so please carefully note the seller you are buying from and the spelling of Amazon to avoid receiving a bad copy of this product
- For maintaining healthy water chemistry in swimming pool or spa; contains 50 strips in easy-to-store container
- Pool water testing analyzes six chemical factors: Free Chlorine, Bromine, Alkalinity, pH, Total Chlorine and Total Hardness
- Dip in pool or spa water for instant reading; no-bleed pads give accurate color reading
- Made in the USA
Similar to the Poolmaster 22211 Smart Test 4-Way Swimming Test Strips, the Poolmaster 22212 Smart Test 6-Way is also ideal for both pools and spas. The Poolmaster 22212 Smart Test 6-Way features a quick and easy water testing function, which makes it boast of its easy-to-use ability. The Poolmaster 22212 Smart Test 6-Way also analyzes six chemical factors i.e., the free chlorine and bromine level, alkalinity level, and pH level, total chlorine, and total hardness.
The package comes with 50 pieces that provide accurate results every time you use them. The best thing, you can use them for all swimming pools, including salt and freshwater pools, due to its wide range of applicability. Also capable of highly accurate readings due to its lack of bleed pads on the strips, the Poolmaster 22212 Smart is guaranteed to keep your facility sparkling as you will be able to determine the water chemistry in your pool easily too.
The Poolmaster 22212 Smart also has an easy-to-read color on its easy-to-store container for easy readings.