What is the Best Dolphin Pool Cleaner?
Have you decided what pool cleaner you want to buy for your pool area? Do you know the best Dolphin Pool Cleaner available in the market? In this article, you will see the breakdown of the Dolphin Sigma features, the Dolphin Triton, and the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus pool cleaners. After reading this guide, you can now decide what is the best Dolphin pool cleaner for you!
- Hand off your pool cleaning duties for good. With the Triton PS, your pool will be left clean and ready for splashing fun in just 2 hours. Ideal for pools up to 50 feet, sit back and relax while Dolphin does all the hard work for you.
- Built to deliver a deep clean. The Triton PS is powerfully nimble on vertical surfaces for intense wall and waterline scrubbing. With superior filtering capabilities, dirt and debris can't hide from this underwater cleaning machine.
- Sustainably designed and energy efficient. Unlike suction and pressure cleaners, Dolphins are independent cleaning machines that do not rely on your pool pump or filter to get the job done. Extend the life of your pool’s system and save energy with every pool cleaning.
- Say, “hello” to your newfound free time. Schedule the Triton PS to automatically clean your swimming pool each week using 3 settings- every day, every other day, or every 3rd day. Pool cleaning has never been easier
- With more than 35 years of cleaning the world’s residential swimming pools, Dolphins provide pool owners with a hassle-free cleaning solution of unmatched performance and longevity. Get back to what really matters; spending time with family and friends.
Dolphin Sigma Pool Cleaner
The Dolphin Sigma is the latest project of Sigma Robotics this year for pool maintenance. This robot can be considered as the best Dolphin pool cleaner after enjoying its features. For its price of $1,299, here are the features of the Dolphin Sigma pool cleaner that you can enjoy.
Main Features of the Pool Cleaner
Pool Cleaner by Dolphin
- Fine and Ultra Fine Filtration System
- Able to clean Gunite/Plaster, Vinyl, and Fiberglass Pools of up to 60 feet
- Capable of waterline scrubbing
- Suction rate of 4500 GPH
- Has the Gyroscope Technology
- Triple 24V DC motors
- Connected to a smartphone app
- 3-year warranty coverage
- Item weight of 35 pounds
- Package dimensions of 23.4 x 19.6 x 13.8 inches
1. Fine and Ultra Fine Filtration System
It has the largest top-loading cartridge for any pool robot in the market. The large size of the Dolphin Sigma helps it withstand high flow and suction rates. Its SnapLoc filters allow it to merely snap away to clean the debris along the way. Debris removal is much easier because of its high capacity filters.
2. Powerful Motor Performance
The Dolphin Sigma has triple motors that run at 24 volts with a speed of 3000 RPM. These powerful motors help its scrubbing brushes to move to every part of the pool area. Its back and the front part are proportional, so the Dolphin Sigma balance itself and continues to go the direction it wants.
3. Quad Scrubbing Brushes
Dolphin Sigma’s quad scrubbing brushes take care of all the dirty marks on every part of the pool area. Its brushes can destroy bacteria, algae, and even biofilm that demands chlorine making the pool’s water dirtier.
Even adhered contaminants on the pool’s walls and steps can be removed by its quad scrubbing brushes.
4. Latest Gyroscope Technology
This robotic pool cleaner is the first to adapt to the Gyroscope technology. It allows the Dolphin Sigma to recognize the area around it three-dimensionally. Its sensors measure the rotation rate of the objects around its axis.
The Dolphin sigma regularly monitors what is the best route for cleaning, and climbing the vertical surfaces of the pool. The Dolphin Sigma also spends 90% less energy with the Gyroscope technology as its guide when cleaning.
5. SmartNav 3.0 Scanning
The Dolphin Sigma enjoys the latest version of SmartNav technology that gives better precision in pool cleaning. This technology helps the machine remember the pool’s shape, contour, and layout to follow the best cleaning route possible.
It also tells the Sigma if the part has been cleaned, which saves more energy and time.
Dolphin Triton Pool Cleaner
For $879, you can enjoy 2 hours of free time every time you let the Dolphin Triton PS pool cleaner do the cleaning. This robot does the deep cleaning for your in-ground pool that you have been looking for. You may consider this the best Dolphin pool cleaner that suits your needs. Below are some of its other features that you should expect.
Pool Cleaner by Dolphin
- Can accommodate in-ground pools of up to 50 feet
- Fine and Ultra-Fine filtration system with large top-loading basket
- Capable of cleaning walls, waterlines, and floor
- Powerstream mobility for consistent grip on vertical surfaces
- Front high-speed scrubber and standard back scrubber
- Plug-and-start button mechanism
- Weekly cleaning scheduler
- 2-year warranty
- Product weight of 16.5 pounds
- Package dimensions of 16.38 x 16.77 x 8.97 inches
1. Innovative PowerStream Technology
This feature sets this robot apart from other robotic pool cleaners. PowerStream technology improves the machine’s climbing ability allowing it to clean walls and waterlines easily.
When it begins to climb vertically, PowerStream activates water jets that press the robot onto the wall. This gives the Dolphin Triton a strong grip to move along the walls and clean them thoroughly.
2. Effective Scrubbing Power
It has dual scrubbers placed both in front and rear. The front scrubber runs at high speed, and the back scrubber is a standard one.
Both of these scrubbers ensure that every path that Triton passes through gets cleaned. The large brush is twice as fast as the robot, so it ensures that any adhered dirt will be removed from the pool’s surface.
3. Top-loaded Basket Filter
With a large, easy-access basket as the filter, cleaning trapped debris can be easily done. After cleaning, you can just open the bottom of the machine to easily remove large debris and use a hose in cleaning the filters.
It also comes with four fine and ultra-fine filters, which you can use depending on the sizes of the particles that you need to clean.
Use ultra-fine filters for sand particles, and algae buildups. Use only fine filters for larger materials such as twigs, and fallen leaves.
Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Pool Cleaner
Along with the Nautilus CC and Nautilus, the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus is the newest version of the Dolphin Nautilus. It is a better version of the Nautilus CC in terms of the cleaning range and filters. For $779, you may consider this device the best Dolphin pool cleaner out there after seeing its features.
Pool Cleaner by Dolphin
- Recommended for cleaning in-ground pools sizing to about 50 feet
- Fine and ultra-fine filters in large top-loading cartridges.
- Can clean the pool’s floor and walls
- CleverClean Pro 3D Sensing Technology
- Standard Dual Scrubber
- Automatic cleaning scheduler
- 2-year warranty coverage
- The product weighs 19 pounds
- Package dimensions of 16 x 10 x 16 inches
1. Supported by CleverClean Technology
The innovative CleverClean technology helps the Nautilus CC Plus to learn the location of bumps and elevations in the area. After a few collisions, it completely maps out the pool area, and it will avoid those obstacles that it recognized after going to them once.
It moves on its own, and no external apps or remote controller can make it move.
2. Dual Filtration System
With the Nautilus CC Plus, you can enjoy two filters that both accommodate large debris such as leaves, and sticks, and also fine particles such as dust, pollen, and sand.
The Nautilus CC Plus allows water to come from the bottom and pass through the filters and then exit at the top. This prevents the dispersal of debris in the pool area where it cleans.
3. Latest Swivel Cable
Long cables are not an issue that causes the tangling of the Nautilus CC Plus cable. It can detangle the long cord by itself with the help of a swivel. The swivel cable rotates itself along with the Nautilus CC Plus so that the tangling does not happen.
A buoy is also attached to the robot’s cable to keep it from dangling while the CC plus cleans the pool area.
What to look for in the Best Dolphin Pool Cleaner?
As a buyer, you should know what characteristics of a Dolphin Pool Cleaner you should look for. Mostly, owners look for a pool cleaner the brings the most efficiency in cleaning. However, this may vary depending on the needs of the buyer. Here are some of the common things that people look for the best Dolphin Pool Cleaner
How long will my Dolphin Pool Cleaner last? This is one of the most important questions that you should ask yourself before buying one. You need to ensure that the pool cleaner that you will buy cleans efficiently and will last long.
You need to also know how long it takes a pool cleaner to clean the entire area and if there is any more dirt remaining. Robotic cleaners usually take an approximate of two hours for them to clean pools. This may vary depending on the type of scanning and navigation technology.
Aside from the efficiency, you should also take note of your budget when buying the best Dolphin Pool cleaner. A more expensive one may not be as useful for you as you think it is. You have to get your money’s worth when buying robotic pool cleaners.
FAQs about Dolphin Pool Cleaners
1. Are Dolphin pool cleaner safe to use when people are in the pool?
– Yes, they are safe to use in public and with people in the pool. However, for safety purposes, avoid swimming when the Dolphin pool cleaner is in use.
2. How do I remove the Dolphin cleaner from the pool?
– Pull the floating cable along with the robot to the edge of the pool area. Remove the robot from the water by grabbing it on its handle. Avoid removing the robot by holding on to its cable.
3. What is the typical life span of the Dolphin robotic pool cleaner?
– They usually last for years, depending on various factors, so it differs for every Dolphin cleaner. Use, pool surface, and water quality are some of the things that you should consider for the life span of your Dolphin pool cleaner.
The Dolphin Sigma, Dolphin Triton, and Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus have all different features that make them qualified as the best Dolphin Cleaner out there.
The Dolphin Sigma has the latest Gyroscope Technology that lets it recognize the objects around it, and it can sense its movements three-dimensionally.
PowerStream technology makes the Dolphin Triton another candidate for the best Dolphin Cleaner with its ability to climb vertical surfaces. It activates water jets that make it pressed onto the wall.
Lastly, Nautilus CC Plus also has its own innovative technology. CleverClean technology learns the current location it has to clean. After a few bumps to the obstacles in the pool, it has already mapped out the entire area and will avoid obstacles present in the pool.
Robotic pool cleaners have been an excellent purchase to many. It served a lot of purpose to people who want to enjoy their free time instead of investing it in cleaning their pools. These robots have since then changed their daily lives.
Now, with these features, it’s up to you what is the best Dolphin pool cleaner that suits their needs and taste.